Sunday 17 April 2016

Bark Texture

Following up my 3D work, I made some bark texture to go with the trees in my arena. This was entirely done in Photoshop. 

Firstly, I rendered clouds from the filter tab in black and white. Multiple times can be applied, but I had only done so once.


After that, I then rendered fibers. There, I made sure the Variance was 16 by 4 Strength before hitting OK.



I then selected the Liquify filter and started making multiple "knots" into the texture.



In the Hue/Saturation tab, I lowered the lightness by -80, Saturation by 42, and Hue by 19 to give me that brown foreground.


On top of that, I added another layer of lighter brown under Overlay, and 30% opacity. I then saved the file as a jpg.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda