Friday 15 April 2016

3D Model

For our next big assignment, we were set to create a model statue in Maya, using references as we went along. I started off doing the head, featuring the front and the sides as I extracted along the guidelines that helped me. Using mirror geometry, I was able to duplicate the other side of the models face very easily. I then sculpted it slightly to give off a more even shape on the back of the head.




Next, I followed up modelling the hand. Using the same techniques before, I extruded the fingers and shaped up the hand a little more leaving no triangular shapes.




I then worked my way doing the feet, although I felt they were slightly more tricky to model for.



After that, I moved on to another files with the head and started building the whole body there, using references again to help me. Before mirroring the body on the other half. After doing all that, I imported the hands and feet into Maya and merging them together appropriately.





For this, I felt it took me about a week and then some to really get the hang of modelling. It was a useful technique to understand.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda