Saturday 16 April 2016

3D Statue and Pillar


 For our 3D Art Production assignment, we were set to make a model in Maya, add additional animations all into Unity based with our old battle arena project that would be remodelled.
I started of wondering what kind of statue I wanted in the first place, taking various inspirations from different medias and making a "mock up" of what I wanted to finish. Some of the inspirations included marble models, video games and comic books, as well as fashion designs.


I then modelled what I would have liked to have had in the end with a drawn perspective of the front, back and side of the statue.


Next, using what I had learnt before similar to the pillar construct, I made a pillar to go with the statue. First taking a reference, and modelling after the likeness of it. I also made a marble texture on Photoshop to accompany the pillar.




I used the UV Planar tool technique to help me map out the texture on the pillar.


Here is what it looks like fully rendered.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda