Monday 12 October 2015

Visual Design - Sci Fi Weapon

For this lesson, we were assigned to design a futuristic gun, and I immediately set to work on finding inspiring works that helped influence my designs greatly. 

My mood board ranges from games such as Fallout, Mass Effect, Rachet and Clank Borderlands and Destiny.

I began developing weapons by sketching and fine lining details of the designs, focusing on theme and the types of guns used in real life.

Afterwards, I began designing into more detail on the gun aesthetic by highlighting them with colour, and further developing their look by marking features.

In the end, I ended up with my Shotgun design, greatly influenced by the 1950s era, and drew this out on Photoshop. Using a grid, it helped me keep up with straight lines and symmetry. I also changed the final design slightly on areas I thought unnessessary.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda