Friday 9 October 2015

Visual Design - Body Proportions

In this lesson, I was taught about height comparisons and how the average body stands at around 7 to 8 heads in one form. However, for this task I was challenged to create a character of my own design inspired by Elf and Dwarf designs. An Elf should stand roughly around 9 heads with their slim structure, where as a Dwarf is the complete opposite, standing at 4 instead. I started with a basic head shape for the Dwarf to get a good grasp of the height, before designing the silhouette, line art and colour. I did the exact same for the Elf later on.


I worked on head sizes first.


Developing some work with side by side comparisons and inspirations.


Colouring after line art.


Here are my final outcomes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda