Saturday 3 October 2015

3D Art Production - Battle Arena on Maya

For my next 3D Art Producton lesson, I was set to design a specific type of battle arena. From what my mood board shows, I drew most of my inspiration from real life situations, other fantasy-likes environments from different media sources, and floating level platforms. I wanted to design a level that had more than just the fighting going on, by drawing the attention also to the underside of the floating island. 


For most of it, the level design is grey, aside the few coloured shapes that make up the back story. There are two different factions on the playing field, and they are constricted by how far they can go. On the underside of the level, I wanted to show how the island originally looked before the battle took place. Besides the purple "rocks" sticking out that represent the important material source the red faction is trying to obtain, the island is teeming with life (or what is left of it). This was made entirely on Maya.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda