Tuesday 29 March 2016

Glitch Effect

As part of my Spring group project, I was set to make the End/Game Over scene. As prior to our theme (a simulation) I thought it was fitting to add a glitch corrupted scene to fit the game. I first set myself up to create a moodboard.


The regular occurance of most of these Game Over screens show very bold and often than not blurred images, full of lines of codes that fill the page. I wanted to mirror this effect. I then set myself out to research how I could do this on Unity and came across this tutorial that provided me with the help and code I needed.



The coding involved using the cameras and depending on the layers, any images would have to be in Depth Only mode. The code also had to have the line using UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects; to work, as well as importing effects from the Asset tab at the top.


The intensity of the glitch can also be easily adjusted. However, there is a possibility where the entire scene can break, and appear to have missing scripts and codes. In this instance, clicking the Reimport All in the Asset tab may fix this error. For this end scene, I provided a few backgrounds to suffice the scene, as well as premade fonts and audio to accompany the "error".






No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda