Tuesday 23 February 2016

Life Drawing 16

We experimented with two contrasting colours to blend well together when drawing our model.
Each of the coloured drawings were done in pen. I soon enough got the hang of "fusing" the two colours together better rather than using one as an outline and the other for shading. What I understood here was how tone can fill up certain spaces of the body, and also define shape.




We did some further experiments. The two below has been drawn without leaving the paper (top), and with my left hand (bottom). I found the bottom one to be quite difficult, but also an interesting end result.


Here the top was done without looking at my drawing, as the bottom was done by remembering how the model appeared for several seconds, before we had to remember it. I think I got the bottom half slightly wrong, but I found the top to be incredibly fun (and funny).


Here are several other quick drawings I've done, as per usual to the start of each life drawing lesson. I particularly like the bottom left one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda