Sunday 27 September 2015

3D Art Production - Barrel Tutorial

For my first lesson in 3D Art Production, I was introduced to the program Maya, mostly well known for animation. I got straight to work by following a tutorial on how to create, texture and render a single barrel. I had also used a program called Photoshop CC to develop a texture on the barrel, before importing it back into Maya. It took me roughly 3-4 trial and errors.


Here is the barrel made of a cylinder that I extruded multiple times. I then tested out some colouring with Hypershade and assigning coloured lamberts.


Afterwards, I assigned it with a more visually pleasing texture instead.


Above is the credited texture I used.

Polycount Forum [Online] http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz39/mheyman/woodWIP.jpg. [Accessed: 27th September 2015].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda