Tuesday 22 September 2015

First Year - Robot Assignment

For my first mini assignment, I was given the task to be as creative as possible in designing my own robot. As shown here, I went through various designs. Some including the passive and small droids, to the far more violent and deadly types. 

Above are more domestic like robots inspired to do the more mundane situations.

Here I went for more animal like and feral designs. Most were heavily influenced by Hideo Kojima's creations of robots.

Here I went for more comical designs, some more based on the inanimate objects the literally represent, to more over the top situations.


Ultimately, I went for the design based on an Ostrich to pages above, conveniently named 'Boxtrich'. I went on to further refine the robot changing the eye specifically. Not only was it influenced on Hideo Kojima's works, but also another upcoming game known as Horizon Zero Dawn, feature plenty of android creatures. I found this short assignment quite fun as I was allowed to be creative as I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shiny Master Sword - The Legend Of Zelda